Military Times Military Times News Feed
- Marine vet who hit police with hockey stick at Capitol gets 3+ yearsby Michael Kunzelman on March 1, 2024 at 10:41 pm
Marine veteran Michael Joseph Foy swung his hockey stick at police officers, hitting them at least 11 times in 16 seconds.
- Biden approves military airdrops of aid into Gazaby Zeke Miller, Aamer Madhani and Matthew Lee on March 1, 2024 at 10:00 pm
The White House, State Department and Pentagon had been weighing the merits of U.S. military airdrops of assistance for several months.
- Ruling vacates Capitol rioters’ sentences, may impact Jan. 6 casesby Alanna Durkin Richer, The Associated Press on March 1, 2024 at 9:47 pm
If the ruling stands, those defendants who have not already completed their prison terms may push for new sentences.
- Tornado damages buildings, hangars at Wright-Patterson AFBby Courtney Mabeus-Brown on March 1, 2024 at 9:42 pm
One of the damaged hangars is involved in restoring the only surviving B-17D Flying Fortress bomber.
- Guard officials probing Texas general’s appearance at Trump rallyby Leo Shane III on March 1, 2024 at 9:41 pm
The Texas adjutant general stood in uniform beside the former president during a campaign event on immigration policy.
- Pentagon to lift Osprey flight ban after fatal Air Force crashby Lolita C. Baldor and Tara Copp on March 1, 2024 at 9:33 pm
The Osprey has been grounded following a Nov. 29 Air Force Special Operations Command crash in Japan that killed eight service members.
- Wearable device helps predict heat illness during intense trainingby Todd South on March 1, 2024 at 6:08 pm
Researchers have measured more than 14,000 soldiers and Marines in recent years.
- VA sites need more rape kits, trained staff to aid sex assault victimsby Leo Shane III on March 1, 2024 at 4:07 pm
Lawmakers are pushing for improvements after an inspector general report found limited resources for victims at many VA medical facilities.
- Pentagon leak suspect Jack Teixeira expected to plead guiltyby Alanna Durkin Richer, The Associated Press on March 1, 2024 at 2:51 pm
A plea hearing is set for March 4 in Boston’s federal courthouse.
- Large-scale, Army-led NATO exercise kicks off in Europeby Todd South on March 1, 2024 at 1:00 pm
More than 6,500 troops will participate in the month-long exercise.